Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rain Drops on My Soul

My cup is half full.

It is not my intention for it to get below that specific point at any one time. Although, sometimes when I go to fill it again, there simply isn't anything left to put in. They will say what they want. Say it to your face, without any courtesy to your back. They will criticize what they want.

Them…..

Those people….

The ones you've never met; the ones whom are closes to you.

It doesn't matter what the relationship is, they will say it without regard for their own tongue. They will say it without thinking of how sharp it is, of what they might hurt between the travels from their vocal cords to their lips to my ears. Everyone is a critic. Everyone does it better. It starts with the hair, clothes, weight, make up, lyrics, beat, mix, performance, integrity, and personality. Everything is critiqued. Nothing is sacred. Not even from the ones whom you share it all; not even from yourself.

There are times when I feel my soul is drowning in critique.

Critique from myself, from others, from strangers.

Try as I may, I fear that if these critiques get to me, my soul will drown unable to be revived to it's original beauty.

Be gentle with my soul

Be good to your lips and keep a dull tongue

2 comments:

  1. I really like the title of your new song. When will you post a link so we can hear it. Just remember you are your biggest critic. Never let the "Man" get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Album will be out by the end of next month :)

    ReplyDelete